https://www.casadaria.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/diocesi.jpg 768 1024 arturo https://www.casadaria.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/logo_casadaria.png arturo2016-03-08 16:12:412016-06-22 20:45:59Catania
DURATION: 09: 00/13: 00-15: 00/19: 00
PRICE: € 20,00 (MINIMUM 2 PAX)
the tour includes a visit to many of the major monuments of Catania:
- TEATRO MASSIMO BELLINI It is the center of Catania opera. In 1870 he was assigned to the architect Andrea Scala the task of finding a suitable site to build a new Politeama. Despite financial uncertainty it was approved the project of the scale and with the assistance of the Milanese architect Carlo Sada was carrying forward the work.
- BISCARI PALACE Palazzo Biscari is the largest private palace in Catania. It was built at the behest of the family Paterno castello of Biscari principles from the end of 600, and for much of the next century, following the catastrophic earthquake of 11 January 1693. The new building was built on the ruins of Catania, built at the behest of ‘Emperor Charles V in the sixteenth century and had partially withstood the fury of the earthquake.
- CATHEDRAL OF ST AGATA (DOME) Catania’s Piazza del Duomo is the main square of the city. In it converge three roads, namely the Via Etna, the historic town board, the via Giuseppe Garibaldi and the Via Vittorio Emanuele II. On the eastern side of the square stands the Cathedral, dedicated to Sant’Agata, the city’s patron, celebrated on 5 February.
- URSINO CASTLE This castle of the thirteenth century will leave you literally speechless. It was built for the Kingdom of Sicily at the time when the region was a monarchy and now houses an interesting museum open to the public.
- BENEDICTINE MONASTERY Late Sicilian Baroque gem and Benedictine complex among the largest in Europe, the Monastery of Catania, with its multiple transformations, tells the whole story of the city of Etna. Since 2002 UNESCO recognizes it as a world heritage site.
- TOUR VILLA BELLINI – PARK BAR TYPICAL CATANIA Its location is lovely. Two hills, which rise in the center and are divided by a large square, overlooking much of the city, the expanse of the sea and the show majestic Etna; To this diversity of views that it offers, the Garden of Catania is regarded as one of the best in Europe.
You can taste the cannoli with ricotta cheese or kumquat in one of the most popular bars of Catania.
FOR INFO AND RESERVATIONS CALL THE NUMBER:
+39335771 31 86